In the past couple of weeks, our neighborhood has been the victim of several thefts. Thieves have been taking furniture and planters from the front porches of our homes.
Although most crimes have occurred over night, in at least one case, the theft occurred in the middle of the day.
I would urge all homeowners to report every crime to the Washington County Sheriff, 503-629-0111. You can request a deputy in person or you can make a report over the phone.
There are a few steps we can take to protect ourselves.
- Turn on your front porch lights overnight.
- Cable or zip tie furniture and other easy to move objects.
- Consider a security camera (make sure to submit an ARC request first).
- Keep an eye on suspicious people. Write down license plate numbers of suspicious vehicles.
- If you see a crime occurring, call 911. Call 503-629-0111 for all non-urgent police matters.
A crime prevention specialist from the Washington County Sheriff’s will be at the Annual Homeowners’ Meeting on August 8th. If you have questions or are interested in starting a neighborhood watch, please attend.
For more info, see: