When people talk to me about why they love living in Peterkort Woods, they frequently mention how beautiful the landscaping is. When people complain about the conditions at Peterkort Woods, landscaping is also number one.
It’s hard to please 223 homeowners.
It is one of our most visible assets. When it looks nice, it increases the beauty and value of our homes. When it doesn’t, it is hard to see anything else.
This is why the builder spent so much effort in the landscape design of our community. It is why the Board of Directors spends an inordinate amount of time and resources on landscape issues.
If you want to be part of the process to improve our landscaping, here are some tips.
- Learn about our landscaping. Talk to a Landscape Committee person or one of the Board of Directors. See landscape website for more.
- Join the committee.
- Come to a Board of Directors meeting.
- Fill out a landscape request form. see contact instructions
- Alter the landscape yourself. see PKW CCRs especially 5.16. This means: no yard art, no planting, trimming, removing any item in the beds around our homes.
- Complain directly to the Landscapers. If you have an issue with them, contact the Board.
- Dig. Besides being prohibited (see #1), you could damage the sprinkler system or hit a utility.
- Trim the trees. (see #1)
Do you agree or disagree with my list? Have any questions, comments, or concerns? Let me know by filling out a contact form.